- The $500.00 award will be paid in Canadian dollars.* A runner-up will receive recognition as an Honourable Mention.
- I understand that I will not receive feedback, critique, or any promotion for future job or project prospects as a result of this award and that it is only for recognition of implemented accessibility best practices. The only contact from the award I will receive is an email acknowledging receipt of my submission and an emailed receipt for the submission fee. If I win the award, I agree to have my film and my identity publicized, without remuneration, as a regular part of the Reel Words Award coverage and publicity, including showing excerpts (either video or still images) of the film, my work, and myself. Excerpts may also be used by Reel Words in future posts, articles, talks, classes, and other online uses as an example of best practices, and I give my permission to share these with appropriate attribution.
- I understand that my CAN$20.00* submission fee (through PayPal or credit card only) is nonrefundable.
- If I win the award, I understand that I am responsible for my own travel, accommodations, and miscellaneous costs if I wish to attend the announcement and presentation to accept the award at the ReelAbilities Film Festival Toronto 2019.
- If I win the award, I understand that I am not eligible to enter future Reel Words awards.
- I understand that the award money is intended to be used for captioning services for future films I make, or to pay the captioner used for this submitted film, or for another accessibility-related cost.
- I affirm that I am the filmmaker who created this film and own the intellectual rights to it. I understand that if that is determined not to be the case, the award will be forfeited to the runner-up and that I may face legal action for theft of intellectual property.
*Taxes, fees, or other costs related to winning or submitting will be the responsibility of the individual entrant.